25 December 2012

Christmas Day 2012

  
                
   



25/12/2012

A few things happened... I awoke uncharacteristically at 1130 in the morning. A zombie like feeling washed over me leaving me feeling so dead to Christmas that I literally wanted to jump in a DeLorean and get out on January 3rd. I am on standby with work all day but dreading the phone to ring. A sea of text messages are on my phone from well wishers across the land on what should be a joyous day. The older I get the more I loathe this time of year and I think I finally found out why. I am sick of spending it alone! So for the final time I pulled my socks up and made a bit of effort: I cleaned the house, arranged the Xmas cards on the shelves in he lounge and then arranged a schedule of TV programmes to watch. I resumed this blog! The disaster of Project365 now a distant memory. My dinner consists of Organic, corn fed chicken, sprouts, carrots, Mash and roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings and onion gravy. I took some pictures to accompany the feast. I only have to try a little bit in order to ake me feel better. Looking at the bigger picture in a rational and objective way, I can see what is required for me to change. The changes are small and easy. I will not be alone next year! Merry Christmas to everyone, good health and here's to a bright future....2013 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment