12 May 2014

Project 365 Day 58 120514


New Badger Brush, firmer and a tad more aggressive at getting the dead cells.


Two shaves with this blade and by far the worst. A really dull blade and felt like a scrape than a smooth transition.


This new beast arrived and has been added to the growing arsenal. I chose an extra fine blade for this and dived right in. Have been lucky with nicks and cuts so far on my wet shave journey but THIS got me 5 times with zero pressure. It is a monster that deserves respect and I am looking forward to our future of shaving.

Here's a great reviewer from Amazon

8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
By Robb Moore on 20 Sep 2012
I started to use a double edged razor fairly recently after getting fed up with ingrowing hairs from electrics & found even the best cartridge razors annoying thanks to their constant clogging & of course the price of the blades. I found I spent more time unclogging razors that actually shaving which was to be honest, a chore. I was initially looking for a straight razor, but decided against it as they were either very expensive for the best Feather razors & I'm really not the sort of bloke to muck about stropping the blade and all the rest that goes with it only for it not to be as keen as I'd like.
I first bought a Merkur 34c which is great. But double edged shaving seems to have an addictive quality & I found myself drawn to the 39c. And if you do any amount of research you'll see tales about how aggressive the razor is due to its slanted bar & how it's not for beginners. In my opinion that's rubbish. If you've been using a double edged razor for any more than a couple of months & take care & time, you'll be fine. That said it's probably not such a good idea if you're moving from cartridge or electric to double edge to have this as your first razor.

So far as the razor itself is concerned, it's top quality & has a great heavy feel to it. (It's one of the heaviest on the market I'm given to understand). Quite frankly, this is the razor I've been yearning after for years, but wasted my time with cartridges. I'd suggest trying a few different blades. Most people rave about Feather (which are the sharpest), but personally I prefer Derby blades. I think it's very subjective & very much "one man's meat is another man's poison". I've tried a wide range of blades. Do yourself a favour & buy a variety pack of blades. Don't hesitate with the 39c though. It's great. Just buy one, you'll not look back once you have.



My first proper Death Metal shirt - Is 44 too old? Midlife Crisis anyone? \m/


A tired me at home office


Junk Mail Mondays


No comments:

Post a Comment